Thank you for your interest in consigning with our store.
We are currently accepting WINTER consignments.
OUR POLICES AND PROCEDURES
- No appointment is necessary for a local drop off. We offer instant store credit Monday-Saturday from 10am-3:00pm. We do reccomend that you call ahead at 401-398-0576 if you'd like your items reviewed on the spot. Drop offs can be made anytime. Your consignment will be processed and you will be emailed an inventory report within 3 business days.
- Non-accepted items must be retrieved within 7 days or they will be donated to a charity of our choice.
- Online consignors can begin the process by clicking on the "Consign Online Now" button below.
- You may request a prepaid Fedex shipping label on the Online Consignment page. We will schedule a Fedex pickup at your location on the next business day.
- We only return items not taken on consignment at the cost of the consignor. A valid credit card number must be provided within 7 days in order to facilitate a return of out of state unaccepted items.
- Karma Couture is an upscale consignment boutique. We only accept high end designer and couture consignments. Please see the designer list for label guidance.
- We do not take wedding dresses, bridemaids dresses, maternity, men's, children's or junior's clothing.
- All items must be in excellent condition, cleaned and pressed and currently in season when received.
- We do not accept designer replicas. All items are authenticated prior to listing them for sale.
- We do a lot of research on every piece and price them according to what the market will bear. For a better idea of our price points you can always browse through our existing store inventory online.
- We will email you a report of the pieces that we took and their prices within 3 business days after receipt. We cannot wait for price approval prior to listing items for sale. If you have an issue with the price of your item please let us know immediately upon receipt of your inventory report.
- We do offer a progressive discount. See that section in our website for more info.
- Our contract is for 90 days and the consignment split on clothing, shoes, accessories and non-premier designer handbags is 50/50. The consignment split for premier designer handbags is 60/40.
- Premier designer handbags also qualify for our "Cash For Bags" buyout option.
- Items that remain unsold after the 90 day contract term has expired may be returned at the request of the consignor. This request must be made within 72 hours prior to the end of the 90 day contract.
- We must recieve at least 72 hours notice to retrieve your unsold items.
- Items left on our sales floor after the 90 day term has expired automatically roll over to our charity account and may be sold or donated with proceeds going to the charity of our choice.
You may request a sales or inventory report at any time throughout the month via the "Report Request" feature on the Consignor Tools section of our website. Although we'd love to, we can't notify all of our consignors personally when their items sell.
You have two options for payment on your consignor balance.
A. Instant Store Credit:
- No waiting for your items to sell.
- No progressive discounts. Get paid on the full starting price of your items.
- No remembering pickup dates.
- No requesting checks or waiting for them to come in the mail.
- Get instant credit to spend in the store!
Process: We can usually offer credit on the spot Monday - Saturday from 10am-3:00pm. No appointment is necessary but we do reccomend that you call ahead at 401-398-0576 to let us know that you're coming so that we have somebody available immediately for you when you come in. We currently cannot offer credit on the spot on Sundays. If you come in on a Sunday or you don't have the time to wait during the week you may drop off your items. We will price them and email you an itemized report usually within 48 hours. You get a 50% split to spend immediately (60% for premiere designer handbags!) Please reply to our "Intant Credit Offer" email within 24 hours to let us know that you'd like the instant credit option. Your credit is loaded into your customer account for you to spend immediately. It does not expire and you use it just like cash. It can be combined with any other promotions, coupons, sales or discounts that we may be currently running at the time. You can also use it as a deposit towards a layaway item.
* Instant store credit cannot be converted to a consignment check payment at a later point in time.
B. Consignment check.
You must request a consignment check via the check request feature in the Consignor Tools section of our website in the first seven days of every month. You will receive a confirmation email after making this request. Please retain a copy of it. If you do not request a check in the first seven days of the month your balance will remain on your store account for you to either shop with or to request a check for in the following month. Balances that are left on account for longer than 12 months with no activity are donated to charity. Checks are issued and mailed in bulk only one time per month. Your account balance must be $50 or greater in order to request a consignment check. Checks that are requested in the first week are issued by the last day of the month for the all sales leading up util the end of the previous month.
Please refer to the following chart for our payment schedule:
|Checks Requested By:
||Check Issue Date:
||Payment For Sales Through:
All checks come directly from a Bank of America billpay center in Indianapolis and can take up to 10 business days to arrive after the issue date. If you have not received your check by the 10th business day of the month (usually around the 15th) please forward a copy of your online check request confirmation to email@example.com. You will receive a response within 2 business days.