Thank you for your interest in consigning with our store.
We are currently accepting Spring consignments!
OUR POLICES AND PROCEDURES
- No appointment is necessary for a local drop off. We do not go through consignments on the spot. Your consignment will be processed and you will be emailed an inventory report within 3 business days.
- Non-accepted items that are not retrieved within 7 days become the property of Karma and will be donated to a charity of our choice.
- Online consignors can begin the process by clicking on the "Consign Online Now" button below.
- You may request a prepaid Fedex shipping label on the Online Consignment page. We will schedule a Fedex pickup at your location on the next business day.
- We only return items not taken on consignment at the cost of the consignor. A valid credit card number must be provided within 7 days in order to facilitate a return of out of state unaccepted items.
- Karma Couture is an upscale consignment boutique. We only accept high end designer and couture consignments. Please see the designer list for label guidance.
- We do not take wedding dresses, other bridal dresses, maternity, men's, children's or junior's clothing.
- All items must be in excellent condition, cleaned and pressed and in season when received.
- We do not accept designer replicas. All items are authenticated prior to listing them for sale.
- We do a lot of research on every piece and price them according to what the market will bear. As such, we are unable to give you a price quote at the time of drop off. For a better idea of our price points you can always browse through our existing store inventory online.
- We will email you a report of the pieces that we took and their prices within 3 business days after receipt. We cannot wait for price approval prior to listing items for sale. If you have an issue with the price of your item please let us know immediately upon receipt of your inventory report.
- We do offer a progressive discount. See that section in our website for more info.
- Our contract is for 90 days and the consignment split on clothing, shoes, accessories and non-premier designer handbags is 50/50. The consignment split for premier designer handbags is 60/40.
- Premier designer handbags also qualify for our "Cash For Bags" direct purchase option.
- Items that remain unsold after the 90 day contract term has expired may be returned at the request of the consignor. This request must be made within 72 hours prior to the end of the 90 day contract.
- We must recieve at least 72 hours notice to retrieve your unsold items.
- Items left on our sales floor after the 90 day term has expired automatically roll over to our charity account and may be sold or donated with proceeds going to the charity of our choice.
You may request a sales or inventory report at any time throughout the month via the "Report Request" feature on the Consignor Tools section of our website. Although we'd love to, we can't notify all of our consignors when their items sell.
You have two options for payment on your consignor balance.
- Store Credit: You may use your balance to shop in the store with. This entitles you to a 10% free bonus. (i.e if you have $100 we give you $110 to spend.) Your balance is available to spend in the store immedately after the sale of your consignments.
- Paper check. You must request a consignment check via the check request feature in the Consignor Tools section of our website in the first seven days of the month. You will receive a confirmation email after making this request. Please retain a copy of it. If you do not request a check in the first seven days of the month your balance will remain on your store account for you to either shop with or to request a check for in the following month. Balances that are left on account for longer than 12 months with no activity are donated to charity. Checks are issued and mailed in bulk only one time per month. Your account balance must be $50 or greater in order to request a paper check. Checks that are requested in the first week are issued by the last day of the month for the all sales leading up util the end of the previous month.
Please refer to the following chart for our payment schedule:
|Checks Requested By:
||Check Issue Date:
||Payment For Sales Through:
All checks come directly from a Bank of America billpay center in Indianapolis and can take up to 10 business days to arrive after the issue date. It will arrive discreetly in a Bank of America envelope and will not have our name on it. If you have not received your check by the 10th business day of the month please forward a copy of your online check request confirmation to email@example.com. You will receive a response within 1 business day. Online consignors please note that we deduct half of the cost of shipping from your first check request. We pick up the other half.